Friday 1 August 2014

#scoutshonour2014

Two blogging events in the space of two months, I definitely think I'm going to make this a regular thing!

#scoutshonour2014 was organised by the lovely Kayleigh and took place in the most adorable little vintage shop in Sunderland called Scout Vintage, which is run by the equally lovely Angela. We were greeted with glasses of bubbly, cupcakes from Serendipity, vanilla and chocolate iced lattes from Holmeside Coffee, strawberries and cream and big tubs of popcorn- so many tasty treats! 




Wandering around the store was incredible; all the vintage clothes were gorgeous and the retro music playing on the record player was fantastic, you really felt like you'd taken a step back in time. Scout certainly has something to offer for everyone- there were dresses, skirts, jackets and shirts from every era, and there was even something for the men too! I couldn't resist but pick up a little cropped denim jacket, a total bargain at £10 and ideal for the summer.




My favourite part of the event was getting my hair done by the lovely girls from the Black Door Hairdressing Salon and my makeup by the fantastic Tamzin Cummings. Stupidly, I forgot to take a picture but I opted for a classic, Rockabilly hairstyle with pin curls and my hair rolled at the front. To top it off, Tamzin did some beautiful winged eyeliner and a classic, bold red lip- I felt like I'd stepped right out of the 50s! As Hannah and I felt we couldn't let the hard work of the girls go to waste, we just had to go out for a couple of drinks afterwards!

The event was absolutely fantastic, Kayleigh did such a brilliant job organising it and our goody bags we received were lovely as well! We were all given a Fun bar courtesy of Lush Sunderland, a bandana from Scout, a mineral eye shimmer from the Barbara Daly range and a gorgeous little ring which I believe was made by Kayleigh's mum which I absolutely adore and will definitely be wearing loads over summer!

Sophie

3 comments:

  1. Ah it sounds like it was such a good event, I'm absolutely gutted I couldn't make it. Might have to check the shop out sometime this summer though!
    Abbey xx
    thegirlwhowearsabowtie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks so much for coming Sophie! Was lovely to see you! Such a great post, i still need to do mine!!

    K xx
    Idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I've nominated you for a Liebster award, find out more on my blog,
    http://idreamofcoco.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    Kayleigh xx

    ReplyDelete